Re: RARA-AVIS: The Dark Knight

From: mhall@berkeley.edu
Date: 20 Aug 2008

    > In a message dated 8/19/08 7:45:31 PM, abrasax93@yahoo.com writes:
    >

    >> The problem with the Batman movie franchise is that they always kill off
    >> the villains, an error the comic books never made.
    >>

    > you never read Frank Miller's THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS?
    >
    > John Lau

    Sure the BATMAN's enemies meet their end in that one--but when it first came out, it also looked like this was a possible futrue ending for Batman. And as for the supposed sequel Miller did nearly 20 years later, I'm not sure why he bothered other than maybe for the money--there is no story and if that is cutting edge art, give me the old stuff any day of the week.

    Somebody made the comment on the ending to the current Batman film. While its been over a decade since I read the series, the ending of the film is very similar to the ending of Miller's BATMAN: YEAR ONE.

    Best, MEH