RARA-AVIS: Re: Florida Writers

From: Eric Chambers (nqexile@yahoo.com.au)
Date: 19 Aug 2008

    "terry bowman"
          foolesgold@gmail.com wrote:-

                One of my favorites is the sometimes hard (but

    mostly soft) boiled Randy Wayne White. Doc Ford

    and Tomlinson have given me a few thrills and a

    few laughs over the years. Entertaining series.

    I think that calling Doc Ford 'Softboiled' does a disservice to anybody who hasn't read the series.

    I would consider , 'The Mangrove Coast' for instance, as about as far from softboiled as it gets. I couldn't get the final image out of my head for months.

    Two other Florida writers you might consider are Lawrence Shames ( 'Dutch' Leonard territory) and E.C. Ayres who created a Florida PI, Tony Lowell, You can find Ayres here, http://members.aol.com/ecayres/home.htm\\

          Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7. http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset