Father Figure (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Positions still open)

From: decastro3 (decastro3@yahoo.com)
Date: 19 Aug 2008

      He just keeps pushing the same buttons with the same results and as a reader I keep reading the same book over and over. Though I will admit that Burke is an excellent writer and I enjoy reading his books, but I expect Dave is going to wind up in the same boat as Spencer - spinning his wheels in the same old story, book after book. I
    > suspect this is one of the drawbacks of writing a successful series.
    >
    > Sandra

    I am a big Burke fan, and I do agree with you. I'm having a difficult time getting myself to even open Swan Peak for that reason. I'm also a Parker fan, but have reached the point where I only occasionally pick up a Spenser book.

    Tony