RARA-AVIS: Re: Florida Writers

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 Aug 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "David L. Wilson" <dwilson@...> wrote:

    > Until now I've been lurking on the topic, but what do people think of
    > when the phrase "Florida Writers" comes up? Is this a group defined
    > by geography or by any particular style? Do their stories take place
    > in Florida?

    Both. That's why I wrote up the discussion topic to include both writers from Florida and fiction that takes place in Florida. Example: Leonard counts as "Florida hardboiled" when he sets his novels in Florida. It's loose but (I hope) clear enough. And nobody is going to start quibbling over definitions (I also hope).

    Best

    mrt