Father Figure (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Positions still open)

From: davezeltserman (davezelt@rcn.com)
Date: 13 Aug 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Thornton"
    <bthorntonwriter@...> wrote:

    > How many times have we seen something along the lines of "'A taut,
    noirish
    > thriller' - Booklist" splashed across the back of what is clearly
    NOT a noir
    > book.

    "noirish" is probably a fair way to describe a thriller which has what many would consider noirish elements, but without the doomed inevitability most of us would expect from noir. While mainstream publishers love advertising everything as noir, most of them wouldn't touch real noir.

    And Brian, congrats on your Akashic story.

    --Dave