Re: RARA-AVIS: Greenleaf's BOOK CASE

From: Ed Lynskey (e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 10 Aug 2008

    Harry,

    Some time ago, I did an interview and essay on Stephen Greenleaf's P.I. books:

    http://www.mysteryfile.com/Greenleaf/greenleaf.html

    IIRC, Greenleaf uses a literary style and tone in all of his P.I. books. I don't remember him varying his style for the sake of plot or setting, but it's been a while since I read them. I know he consciously used Ross Macdonald as a model. My favorite of the series is #2, DEATH BED.

    It's too bad he ended the series.

    Ed Lynskey