Re: RARA-AVIS: James O. Causey

From: ejgorman99@aol.com
Date: 09 Aug 2008

    Causey wrote me in his later years and asked if I could help him get his books back in print at Black Lizard. I liked his work, esp. The Baby Doll Murders. I was in the process of pitching him to Barry Gifford when the line was sold to Vintage Black Lizard. Their interest were mostly in Jim Thompson and David Goodis. Lesser lights had no room there. I much preferred Barry's list with Whittington and Dan Marlowe and Bill Pronzini and of course Peter Rabe etc.

    Ed Gorman

    ************** Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.