RARA-AVIS: Re: LaBrava

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Aug 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, <funkmasterj@...> wrote:

    > I finished LaBrava tonight - it was good, but not really special. I
    have no idea why Entertainment Weekly picked it as Elmore Leonard's best book of the last 25 years.

    > I much prefer Unknown Man #89 and Moonshine War.
    >
    > NR - Carnival of Crime, collection of Frederic Brown mystery stories.

    You will have fun with Fredric Brown... terrific writer. If you can find them, the volumes of short stories (complete?) published by McMillan are a fantastic collection to be savored now and then.

    And I'm with you on LaBrava. Good, solid, but not one of Leonard's best.

    Best

    mrt