RARA-AVIS: Re: Recent Reads (Benioff, Cook, Coleman, Spiegelman)

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Jul 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "cptpipes2000" <cptpipes@...> wrote:

    > Thomas H. Cook's MASTER OF THE DELTA: In addition to being a wonderful
    > writer, Cook excels at setting an atmosphere of dread where the reader
    > knows to expect some morbid end yet is compelled to reach that end. My
    > favorite of his remains BREAKHEART HILL, but MASTER OF THE DELTA is a
    > fine addition.

    Great writer. I have recommended him to people who don't read mysteries or crime fiction, and nobody has complained yet. Now, he is neither hardboiled nor noir, which is perhaps why we have not discussed him much here. I don't quite know how to define him, genrewise. Psychological suspense?

    Best,

    smt