RE: Hollywood noir (was Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: WHACKED by Jules Asner)

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 10 Jul 2008

    Anders wrote:

    "[Axelrod] also wrote and directed LORD LOVE A DUCK and THE SECRET LIFE OF AN AMERICAN WIFE, which I have not seen but which seem interesting from what I can gather from IMDb."

    Don't know about the latter, but I heartily recommend the loopy satire Lord Love a Duck, with Rody MacDowell and Tuesday Weld, a major influence on Heathers (so much so, some call it a remake, though I wouldn't). Dark and creepy in places, but I wouldn't call it noir.

    Mark