Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: WHACKED by Jules Asner

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 09 Jul 2008

    In a message dated 7/9/08 7:36:56 AM, jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com writes:

    > I like the Hollywood setting. Lots of sleaze built in, lots of
    > narcissism. I am waiting for Michael Connelly, master of suspense, to
    > apply himself to Hollywood (I mean directly as a theme).

    and I like reminding people who haven't read them, that Terrill Lankford's terrific contemporary noir thrillers Earthquake Weather and Blonde Lightning are set in that world, and nail it cold. few are the places and cultures in the first world as inherently noir as Hollywood

    John Lau

    ************** Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!