Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Disturbing Novels

From: akarim1462@aol.com
Date: 30 Jun 2008

  In a message dated 30/06/2008 15:56:37 GMT Daylight Time, decastro3@yahoo.com writes:

I found Gillian Flynn's "Sharp Objects" disturbing.

Tony

I found Sharp Objects more distressing than disturbing because of the unreliable narrator.
  One recent read I found bleak and disturbing is Schenkel, Andrea Maria's
'The Murder Farm' (translated by Anthea Bell). A slim little book, that like Truman Capote's In Clod Blood, details the murder of a family in a postwar Germany. It reads via a series of police reports and recollections of the locals who liked near the farm.
  Ali