RARA-AVIS: Re: Giving away books again

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@sbcglobal.net)
Date: 29 Jun 2008

BookBitch wrote:

> Just a few days left in June to win books! All you have to do is
> enter to have a chance at winning one or more of these amazing
> books...blah blah blah

Let's get rid of the Bitch. Or invite her to actually participate here.

Nothing personal, mind you, but back when Bill was here, such obvious spam -- no matter how tangentially relevant, banal or possibly even interesting it might be to some members - -was generally rejected.

Let's keep this discussion group a discussion group, and not let it be reduced to the sort of self-promotional orgy so many lists have become. If we want to watch a never-ending collection of advertising circling round and round, going nowhere, there must be a stock car race somewhere we can watch.

You let in one spammer and all the others will come sucking around eventually...

Kevin