RARA-AVIS: Re: Bus Stop

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 27 Jun 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "blumenidiot" <blumenidiot@...> wrote:

> > > This is way off topic, but at least get your facts right. She
> > didn't
> > > appear in a bit part Seven Year Itch, River of No Return, How
> > Marry
> > > a Millionare, or Gentleman Prefer Blondes.
> > >
> > > Bus Stop was one of her last movies.
> > > Mark
> > >

> > Yes, that is a helluva bundle of "bit" parts for Marilyn as she
> > warmed up for her star debut in "Bus Stop." Mark, you are right
> that
> > this is off-topic, not to mention a bit silly. The next thing
you
> > know we'll be singing show tunes.
>
> Richard,

Virtually all the songs Weill and Brecht's
> Threepenny Opera would be on topic, most notably Mack the Knife or
> Pirate Jenny
> Mark

I take your point but it may be worth mentioning that this list has always had as its topic hardboiled and noir literature. The current description is: "For the discussion of hardboiled and noir writing."

Now I certainly enjoy and participate in some film discussions and I can hardly object to music as I have been a party to many a jazz discussion on such artists as Mingus and Miles Davis. Still, there are times when we are very far afield.

Richard Moore