RARA-AVIS: covers, Stark House

From: Busted Flush Press ( bustedflushpress@yahoo.com)
Date: 26 Jun 2008

Juri had said "At least they don't look as bad as Stark House books."  I have to say I quite like the look of SH's books!  On a minimal budget, SH is able to reprint some classic noir fiction, and though most the covers may lack the appeal of a Hard Case Crime or Megan's covers, they have some pretty good ones, again for a press with not much money to spend... check out the Gil Brewer and Mercedes Lambert covers here:  http://www.starkhousepress.com/\.\ I commend SH for bringing these books back into print and investing their money in MORE TITLES, than amazing cover art... I've learned from experience that in those great covers ain't cheap. Just my opinion.  :-)
  David Thompson Busted Flush Press, LLC  P.O. Box 540594, Houston, TX  77254-0594 Phone: (713) 942-9282 / Fax:  (713) 942-9227 www.bustedflushpress.com (sign up for BFP's e-mail newsletter) bustedflushpress@yahoo.com