RARA-AVIS: Re: Which Prather?

From: christafaust ( faust@christafaust.com)
Date: 21 Jun 2008

I've been meaning to reply to this but haven't had a chance. I have to agree with everyone else who said the Shell Scott books don't need to be read in order. I started with Dig That Crazy Grave and didn't get around to Case of the Vanishing Beauty until years later. They are fun, addictive and highly entertaining. Never too serious.

Dagger of Flesh is not a Scott novel. It's not as dark as The Peddler but not as tongue- in-cheek as the Scott books either. I haven't read every single book Prather ever wrote but, although of course some are better than others, I have yet to come across one I actively didn't like. However, I can see how he might rub certain readers the wrong way.

Enjoy and let us know what you think!

- Christa