Re: RARA-AVIS: Ross MacDonald's disciples

From: James Reasoner ( jamesreasoner@flash.net)
Date: 14 Jun 2008

I can't speak to how well I succeeded -- but I know that Ross Macdonald was my favorite mystery author at the time TEXAS WIND was written. A friend of mine who worked in one of the few bookstores in my area to carry the original edition told me that a customer who had bought it on his recommendation came back in later and said it was a Ross Macdonald rip-off. I prefer the term "homage", which of course is French for . . . never mind.

James