Re: RARA-AVIS: Ross MacDonald's disciples

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Jun 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, DJ-Anonyme@... wrote:

> James Reasoner's Texas Wind. And Michael Z Lewin's early Albert Samsons
> delve into the sins of the father aspect of Macdonald's work.

I would say Sue Grafton belongs here, too. And the late Joseph Hansen rode a similar stylistic camel, though I don't really know if he was influenced by Ross Macdonald. But I still insist that nobody has done Ross Macdonald as well as Greenleaf. And Greenleaf broadened the scope of the stories considerably.

Best,

mrt