RARA-AVIS: Re: Masked Detectives?

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 13 Jun 2008

I think I have all but one of the BEST HORROR STORIES OF THE YEAR series published by DAW. Richard Davis edited the first three in the series with Page editing IV through VII. Karl Edward Wagner took over with VIII, which included one of my stories. It led to my meeting Karl, a good guy who wrote some of the best modern horror stories I've ever read. A helluva writer. He was a big fan of the type fiction we discuss on this list. I remember his excitement when he discovered the novels of Jim Thompson, back before the Thompson revival.

Richard Moore