Re: RARA-AVIS: Welcome to Sara Gran--Occult noirist?

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 13 Jun 2008

Hi Sara,

You wrote:

"Come closer: it's funny, I certainly didn't think of it as "noir" when I wrote it. . . . I was glad when people started to call it noir, though, because as most of you know it's much easier to sell a book if you can put it in a category."

I haven't read Come Closer yet, but I have read Dope (which I thought was great, by the way). So I'm curious, did you see yourself as working within noir as you wrote it?

Mark