RARA-AVIS: Re: occult P.I.s

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 12 Jun 2008

Thanks for all the info.

Looks like I got some updatin' to do, Lucy.

And Kat wrote:

> Lilith Saintcrow (weirdly, that's her real name--her parents have much
> to answer for...)

More likely immigration. It's probably originally St. Croix.

> Paranormal investigators are pretty much a staple of comic books. Dr
> Thirteen was a great debunker of the paranormal and Mister E. was a
> blind paranormal investigator. Dr Occult (I think he was called)even
> wore a hat and trenchcoat. Come to think of it, John Constantine also
> wears a trenchcoat.

That's how you can tell they're hard-boiled. And noir. Both terms now refer to clothing and whether anyone smokes.

> Charlie Huston started writing Moon Knight. And there's an ad in
> Severance Package that Duane's writing Cable (which I've never heard
> of)
> for Marvel.

And Duane's also written another game/book, following last year's Sherlock Holmes thingie. This one's A MURDER IN WAYNE MANOR or something like that, starring you know who (you know, with the big ears and the cape, that guy).

Kevin