RARA-AVIS: Re: Sturgeon's "Cellmate"

From: foxbrick ( foxbrick@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 Jun 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Juri Nummelin"
<juri.nummelin@...> wrote:
> I seem to remember some people saying that Sturgeon wrote the short
story
> "The Darker Drink" (Thrilling Wonder Stories, 1947) for Leslie
Charteris,
> and also the novel THE SAINT SEES IT THROUGH (1946). Anything
remotely
> hardboiled or noirish in these? Todd?

Dunno...I haven't read the story (but suspect one could find it in THE FANTASTIC SAINT), and where Saint maven David Pringle is apparently dubious about its Sturgeon connection (and thinks it's one of many Cleve Cartmill ST ghost jobs), nor the novel in question, which Pringle is pretty sure is Sturgeon's.

Todd Mason