Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: occult PIs

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 10 Jun 2008

Kat wrote:

"The city was built on a tide flat and then it burned down. When they rebuilt, the city raised the streets so they could install a sewer that didn't backflush at high tide, but it took a while for them to finish it up, and the business owners couldn't wait. So the original first story
(and sometimes more) is below the current street level because the businesses had to get back to doing business long before the city was done with the streets. It's pretty disgusting down there, these days, but, yeah, I agree that it's a lovely place to set a Mystery of multiple realities."

I checked and I think it was Richard Hoyt's Fish Story that started in Seattle's Underground. And I meant to say Green Arrow, not Green Lantern. I seem to remember Ollie Queen living in the Underground during one of his "on the road" periods.

Mark