Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: occult PIs

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 10 Jun 2008

--- On Tue, 6/10/08, ssshapir < ssshapir@yahoo.com> wrote:

Paranormal investigators are pretty much a staple of comic books. Dr Thirteen was a great debunker of the paranormal and Mister E. was a blind paranormal investigator. Dr Occult (I think he was called)even wore a hat and trenchcoat. Come to think of it, John Constantine also wears a trenchcoat.

************************************************************************ Remember Leslie H. Whitten? THE PROGENY OF THE ADDER, MOON OF THE WOLF, THE ALCHEMIST? Those were great occult stories that took place in the modern world. I think ADDER was the prototype for the TV show, NIGHTSTALKER, and MOON OF THE WOLF was made into a movie with Richard Jansen. I don't know what happened to Whitten. He was writing horror before Stephen King made it respectable (and profitable!)

Patrick King