Re: RARA-AVIS: occult PIs

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 10 Jun 2008

A minor quibble about Brennan coming after the pulps. I am reasonably certain that Brennan had stories in some of the last issues of the original run of Weird Tales. While WT's last few issues were digests, I believe one or two Brennan stories made it into the pulps.

The Leffing stories came later with a fair number published in Mike Shayne Mystery Magazine, Alfred Hitchcock and semi-prozines such as Weirdbook. Many were collected into small edition hardbacks, some IIRC Brennan published himself. I found the series mildly entertaining. His non-series stories were better IMHO, and while I am certainly not an expert on poetry, I really liked Brennan's poetry.

Richard Moore

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Clinton" <clinton65@...> wrote:

> No, Brennan came after the age of the pulps. He was more of an
Arkham

l@yahoogroups.com] On