Re: RARA-AVIS: The Top Selling Gold Medal Authors

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Jun 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Ed Lynskey <e_lynskey@...> wrote:

> Thanks, James. Great stuff. My library system has no Jonas Ward
titles and one title for William Heuman, a YA on American Indians. I'll add them to my reading lists.

Since these obscure Gold Medal authors keep popping out all the time in the discussions here, I have adopted a policy: whenever I see a cheap Gold Medal I don't have, I buy it. Too many authors are overlooked by the critics. I still remember when I started reading Aarons, quite by chance. I eventually picked up almost all his books. I lucked out with a box donated to a library sale by an Aarons fan (or his heirs). For five bucks I got to travel with Aarons -- the Gold Medal version of Conrad, great summer reading.

Best,

mrt