RE: RARA-AVIS: Severance Package review

From: Ron Clinton ( clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 09 Jun 2008

I'll chime in with some more positive comments. I just finished SP two nights ago, and, like Anderson, was astonished at this book (though in a slightly less erudite way than the WP reviewer...I'll leave musings of satire to the professionals). I thought the book was terrific -- another impressive notch on Duane's gunbelt. I still have a special affinity for THE WHEELMAN, but SEVERANCE PACKAGE was right up there with last year's THE BLONDE (though in a more over-the-top vein than the earlier book) as a sensational example of what an escapist thriller *should* be. SP was the very definition of thrilling.

I finally picked up SECRET DEAD MEN a week or so ago, and have it in my To-Be-Read pile...looking forward to that one.

Ron