Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: The Dark Fantastic by Whit Masterson

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Jun 2008

Mr. T wrote:
> I've never seen a copy of it. This is a Wade Miller team production,
> isn't it?

I've not read DARK FANTASTIC, though Steve Lewis includes it on his checklist of their collaborations. Bill Miller died in 1961, and DF was published in 1959, so the team did produce it. (According to Bob Wase, the Whit Masterson pseudonym was used as a combination of the letters in both their names.) Bob Wade continued to write and publish using the same name into the 1970s. Some of those plots are inventive and unusual -- great reading fun.

Ed