RARA-AVIS: 30's noir novels

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 05 Jun 2008

Should Martin Goldsmith's DETOUR, rather recently reprinted and originally from 1939, be included?

Also Bob Du Soe's DEVIL THUMBS A RIDE, made into a film in the late fourties, might count. It's also from 1938.

I haven't read either of those books, though. I still believe the reviewer of Dave's book was only thinking: "Didn't those guys, um, Chandler and Hammett write in the thirties and the fourties, and weren't there some movies, I mean film noir, okay, then I'll compare this to those things or whatever."

Juri