RARA-AVIS: Re: Small Crimes + noir writers from the 30s and 40s

From: ssshapir ( ssshapir@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Jun 2008

Well, as someone who has once written reviews for magazines and newspapers, I have to tell you (as shocking as this may be to hear): reviewers aren't always as clued up about the things they write about as they pretend to be. My reaction is similar to yours. Sounds more like 50's noir than 30's and 40's.

But nonetheless ... Geoffrey Homes had 'Build My Gallows High' published in 1946. I think it qualifies as hardboiled noir.