Re: RARA-AVIS: Crazy about the bird

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Jun 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, BaxDeal@... wrote:

> > The unwillingness of society at large to recognize
> > that criminal activity is a mental illness is at the
> > forefront of its proliferation.
> >

> if you define narcissism as mental illness, ok. but refusing to
play by
> society's rules for one's own benefit isn't necessarily mental
illness. it's a
> choice made by free-willed men and women

Well, if narcissism is a mental illness, then we've got trouble, man. Christopher Lasch wrote an entire book on the condition (The Culture of Narcissism)... wait, according to Lasch, the national sanitarium must have about 300 million guests, delegates and superdelegates in it. And I'm leaving out pets!

Best,

mrt