RARA-AVIS: the last of Harry

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 30 Mar 2008

as Michael Connelly month wraps up, thanks to all who participated, thank you Terrill for expediting the author's appearance, and thanks especially to Michael for being so gracious as to join us. Michael, your talent, your passion and your body of work ensures that the genre has a future, because it continues to grow and remain relevant. please feel free to stick around if you like, even if it's just to lurk. you have many fans here

and it's possible that Michael might have lost some of our posts in his travels. so I'm reposting my last query to him here

In a message dated 3/25/08 4:36:58 PM, michaelconnelly187@yahoo.com writes:

> The series is
> all about light and shadow and tunnels and lost light and so on and so
> forth. It's built so
> that Harry's journal is through a tunnel toward the light. So I am hoping
> that there is
> something good waiting for him at the end. I wish his daughter would hurry
> up and grow
> up so maybe I could have her carry the torch with him as her mentor.

it's a dark series, as befits a realistic one about a guy who solves murders.  but you've never demonstrated a propensity to end a book on a note of utter hopelessness and despair.  the opposite in fact, as you say, a journey thru the tunnel toward the light.  I'm pretty certain that however Harry winds up, it will be in a place that is both satisfying for him as well as your readers

2012 will be here before you know it

you obviously have quite a lot left in the tank.  are you considering starting another series?  Mickey Haller seems like a character that you could sustain, and visa versa for a pretty good run.  with the occasional appearance by you know who

John Lau

************** Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.

( http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15&ncid=aolhom00030000000001)