Re: RARA-AVIS: recent reads

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 25 Feb 2008

> "The Fallen" by T. Jefferson Parker - the first thing I've read by
> this popular writer.  Entertaining and I think intelligent.  The
> protagonist's "synesthesia" is an odd gimmick.  I'll probably try more
> of Parker's stuff.

I've just started this one last night. I've read them all. of the recent, his last, CALIFORNIA GIRL is great. SILENT JOE as well. he's been at it awhile, just published his 14th book- L.A. OUTLAWS

he's from the Ross McDonald school of generational crime. his first, LAGUNA HEAT is fairly typical of what he does. made a big impression on me when I first read it back in the day. his next two, LITTLE SAIGON and PACIFIC BEAT are equally strong, which is impressive in its own right considering they're pretty similar. (like I said, Ross McD school)

John Lau

************** Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL Living.

( http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)