Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: 77 Sunset Strip

From: harry.lerner@mail.mcgill.ca
Date: 14 Feb 2008

I agree completely with Patrick. I don't know if any of you rara-avians will recall but in 1990 a very short-lived, and I think under appreciated, TV show by the name of SHANNON'S DEAL came on the air. It lasted for about a dozen or so episodes and starred Jamey Sheridan as a former corporate lawyer who as a result of a persistent gambling problem lost his job, his marriage and strained his relationship with his daughter. The jazz inspired theme music, and a fair bit of the soundtrack as a whole, was written and performed by Winton Marsalis. His music went a very long way to making this story of a former corporate hot shot trying to find redemption in life and in the eyes of his daughter really come to life.

Hopefully this series will one day come to DVD. Its worth revisiting.

Best, Harry