Re: RARA-AVIS: DAN MARLOWE and BLACK LIZARD

From: lewis1574 ( stevelewis62@cox.net)
Date: 08 Feb 2008

Mark

I've heard from someone else that Black Lizard did put out the earlier version, the one from 1962, not the 1973 rewrite.

But thanks greatly for the sentence by sentence comparisons between the two. I found the changes very interesting.

It certainly sounds as though the rewrite wasn't all that extensive, not nearly as much as I'd been led to believe. But that same someone else I mentioned above says there were some subtle but major changes in the Earl Drake character. I've asked for permission to quote him, and assuming that I do, I'll post what he told me in full.

          Best

            Steve