Re: RARA-AVIS: andrew vachss

From: Steve Novak ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 28 Jan 2008

Vachss has been mentioned here off and on about twice a year for the last few years...I have always sensed that both the personality and the subjects he covers are not very ³in² Rara-avians at large, whose overall taste is much ³classic² (even when it comes to noir) let¹s say and whose forays outside the Œcanons¹ (even into the multitudes of foreign writers) are far and few between...That said, it must be added that the quality from Vachss has very seriously declined from the early days (and the comic book forays) and for example his Two Trains Running was downright unreadable!!!...

Montois de D鴲oit