Re: RARA-AVIS: Work Through This

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Nov 2007

--- Kevin Burton Smith

**************************************************** The original conversation was actually about the work of Mickey Spillane. I don't think any of my points are too far off track where Spillane's work is concerned.

> I'm not sure most people NEED to play Chainsawing
> Nuns or whatever to
> curb their "normal" impulses -- and it apparently
> doesn't work,
> anyway. If that were the case, young men (the
> principal players of
> video games) would not be the most violent segment
> of society. Or are
> you suggesting that we need more video games that
> feature more violence?
>
> And how on earth is skateboarding violent?
*************************************************** Stop by any hospital in the US, Kevin. There are an awful lot more skateboard related injuries treated on a daily basis than there are, for example, gun shot wounds. Despite the news media playing up every example for all it's worth, it's been decades since I personally saw a shooting in a US street. How about you? A lot of street violence in your neighborhood?

Patrick King