Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: The definition of classics

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 05 Nov 2007

Some years ago, I read a review of a volume of Hemingway's letters, and one of his hand-written letters was reproduced. Just correcting the spelling in one of his manuscripts would have taken a copyeditor a week or two, even though I don't recall "cognac" being in the letter.
    But good punctuation does not necessarily lead to "literature." Otherwise, my unpublished mystery manuscript would have sold a million copies by now.

Joy