RARA-AVIS: Re:Best Contemporary Crime Writers

From: Stephen Miller ( swmiller@wideopenwest.com)
Date: 30 Sep 2007

Hey,

Can anyone give me their opinions as to who are the best (young) crime writers publishing in the UK and USA? Or translated? And does anyone know of any decent contemporary South African crime writers (I'm in Johannesburg for a month and would like to check out the scene
- I already know Phaswane Mpe, Kgebetli Moele, and have read Norman Ohler's Ponte City). Thanks.

Without taking anything away from the names already suggested, Megan Abbott is tremendous - the top of the heap.

Stephen Miller

swmiller@wideopenwest.com

Mystery News Magazine

www.januarymagazine.com