Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: James M. Cain

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 30 Sep 2007

> Please recommend a couple Jim Thompsons to me.
> I have read only _The Killer Inside Me._

There aren't many bad Jim Thompson novels--The Golden Gizmo, King Blood and Child of Rage. Everything else is worth reading. They're not all crime novels. There are two semi-autobiographical novels Bad Boy and Roughneck, which are among my favorites.

But the crime novels are the best--Hell of a Woman, Swell Looking Babe, After Dark My Sweet, Killer Inside Me, Pop 1280, The Getaway, The Grifters, etc.

Jeff