Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: James M. Cain

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 30 Sep 2007

I know. Lots of people disagree with me. I just don't know why. I've read Hammett's works several time and the only ones that work for me are Falcon & Thin Man. The rest are just not well plotted and the characters are not memorable to me. I'm sorry, but the Op is like a cartoon character. Mike Hammer has greater depth, and he is a cartoon character. It's interesting to me because both Nick Charles and Sam Spade are very well-drawn personalities. What do you like about the other Hammett books?

Patrick King

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on Yahoo! TV. http://tv.yahoo.com/