RARA-AVIS: New Crime "Book Club" at BN.com

From: hardcasecrime ( editor@hardcasecrime.com)
Date: 29 Sep 2007

Not that we really need another place to argue about the definition of "noir," but...I thought people here might be interested to know about the new "Crime Book Club" we're launching on Monday (it's already open today for anyone who wants an early peek) together with Barnes & Noble on their BN.com Web site. Apologies if this crosses the line between "interesting information" and "blatant self promotion" -- but since periodic participants are scheduled to include me, Jason Starr, Ken Bruen, Megan Abbott, Al Guthrie, Duane Swierczynski, Charlie Huston and other characters you know and love, I thought it might be worth at least giving everyone a quick heads-up. Part of the fun will be that it's an opportunity to talk not only with other hardcore aficionados like ourselves but also the broader mass-market readership that likes
(or maybe is only curious about) crime fiction.

You can find the thing at www.bn.com/crime, and the first month's main topic is supposed to be Raymond Chandler and his ongoing influence
(though in practice it seems likely that we'll wind up talking about whatever strikes our fancy).

--Charles
------------ Charles Ardai Editor, Hard Case Crime