Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: James M. Cain

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 28 Sep 2007

All of Cain's books are interesting and most of them are great novels. While Hammett's The Thin Man & The Maltese Falcon are great books, the others tell the breakneck speed he wrote at. The Glass Key, The Dane's Curse are pretty awful in my opinion, and the Continental Op is a cartoon. I would say Cain's only equal is Jim Thompson. They're, of couse, much different stylists, but their quaility is consistent from book to book.

Patrick King

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos. http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html