RARA-AVIS: Re: James M. Cain

From: Richard Moore ( moorich@aol.com)
Date: 28 Sep 2007

Ha! A week after I quote that Hecht line here(which was IIRC from an article in a 1963 issue of Playboy), it turns up again. The quote does rather neatly sum up the Cain, Brewer, and (now and then) Charles Williams stories. To be completely accurate, that wasn't exactly the original context used by Hecht but I figured he wouldn't mind.

After my recent move one box came to view labeled "Cain", so I will soon have his books and the Hoopes biography near to hand and will report any fresh readings.

Richard Moore

> > Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small
> > Business gives you all the tools to get online.
> > http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting

who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.