RARA-AVIS: 30 Days of Night

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 26 Sep 2007

I recently saw an ad for this vampire movie and noticed it was based on a graphic novel. I flipped through the book today and the art looked pretty good. I was wondering how the story is (has a neat premise, that vampires go north for the longer nights). Is it just horror (in which I'm not much interested) or one of the growing trend of melding noir and vampires whcih I've enjoyed in books like Charlie Huston's Already Dead and Dave Zeltserman's as yet unpublished (but soon to be, I hope) Vampire Crime and TV shows like Forever Knight, Angel and Moonlight
(which I have not yet seen) starring Vic's would-be replacement in this season's Shield. Has anyone read this series of graphic novels? How is it?

Mark