RARA-AVIS: Introduction

From: terry bowman ( foolesgold@gmail.com)
Date: 22 Sep 2007

Hello, Terry here. I'm a fledgling crime writer working on my third (all unsold) novels. I've been lurking in this group since mid-August and I'm digging the colorful and insight(cite)ful discussions. You cats really know what you're talking about and you've turned me on to some new books and authors. Before I started reading the threads on noir in this group, I considered my most recent novel to be noir, but you've made me reconsider that designation. I know there is no set definition for noir, but you do an excellent job in tracing its genealogy through example and debate. I've posted a short on my new blog, One Man Crime Spree
<http://crime614.blogspot.com/2007/09/lucky-man.html> , called Lucky Man. It's my take on the style of noir. I welcome any comments. Thanks for putting this group together and keeping it going.

Terry Bowman One Man Crime Spree <http://crime614.blogspot.com/>