RARA-AVIS: And Another Introduction

From: John Weagly ( jmweagly@hotmail.com)
Date: 20 Sep 2007

Hi Everyone,

Since I saw a couple of other introductions, I thought I'd throw mine out as well.

My name's John Weagly. I've had about 50 short stories published and about 25 short plays produced around the country. The majority of what I write is in the hard-boiled vein. THE UNDERTOW OF SMALL TOWN DREAMS, a collection of some of my short stories, is available from Twilight Tales Publications.

I've heard about this group for the last couple years, but didn't join until this week. Looking through the archives, I'm sorry I waited.

As for what I've been reading...

I try to average a book a week, a short story a day and a movie a day. I recently finished J.D. Rhoades'
"The Devil's Right Hand" which I liked. I'm working my way through Megan Abbott's "Die A Little." Yesterday I re-read Peter Straub's short story "Lapland, or Film Noir," which I love.

Like Dave Zeltserman, I've been watching the early Popeye cartoons. I've also been going through the Lloyd Nolan Michael Shayne movies.

John Weagly------------------------- http://www.johnweagly.com

http://www.myspace.com/JohnWeagly

Co-Editor TALES FROM THE RED LION http://twilighttales.com/

_________________________________________________________________ Capture your memories in an online journal! http://www.reallivemoms.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM&loc=us