Re: RARA-AVIS: Sherlock Holmes

From: scatalogic@aol.com
Date: 20 Sep 2007

Sherlock was very tough - an excellent boxer who used his fists occasionally, bent a poker with his bare hands in one story (sorry I don't have a copy to hand to say which, I think it's The Solitary Cyclist and The Abbey Grange), and of course wrestled with Moriaty before chucking him into the Swiss abyss
(good name for a band that). He was a top shot too, and if I remember right, an excellent single-sticks player, but I'm not even sure what that game/sport/martial art is... Of course Watson was a wounded war veteran and brought his own tough to the party. Anyone who can survive a 19th Century English public school would waltz through Guantanamo with nary a whimper. Sherlock kicks posterior.
  Blessings all,
  Colin.
  Join my Church: www.myspace.com/thereverendspadgedooley