RARA-AVIS: Re:Introduction

From: kellistanley83 ( kelli@kellistanley.com)
Date: 19 Sep 2007

Glad to be of any help, Mike! Those were just my own candid, subjective reactions as a reader, of course, not a review. Davis is the most popular and commercially successful--a lot of people love her. Wishart is a terrific researcher and good scholar, and he also has many knowledgeable hard-boiled fans who enjoy his interpretation.

My reactions are complicated by the fact that when you're staking out your own vision, it's bound to clash with people working the same side of the street. I decided after discovering Rowe and Wishart not to read any more Roman-based books for that very reason. So--my best suggestion is to try them all, and see what you think. I don't consider either Rome or Noir as definable by a single, unified
"correct" version--to me, that's the beauty of both. :)

All best,

Kelli

--
Kelli Stanley
Author of Nox Dormienda (A Long Night for Sleeping)

Welcome to Roman Noir.

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "mburch5717" <mburch5717@...> wrote: > > > Hey Kellie, > > I forgot to thank you for your informative answer to my question > about ancient mysteries. Thanks very much for your help. Looks like > I'm going to have a lot of new things on top of my 'to be read' pile. > > Mike > > > >