Re: RARA-AVIS: What Are You Reading?

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 18 Sep 2007

miker wrote:

"Someone mentioned that the violence and torture in the following novel
[Huston's Sex Bad Things] was excessive leaning towards poor writing. I've pretty well made the decision that there are a hundred other writers I'd like to read and to move on to them."

But wasn't that exactly what some said about Caught Stealing, especially in reference to the cat torture scene?

I think the second was as good as the first. Somehow the aburdist take worked a bit better for me, seemed a bit more consistent. I was a bit disappointed by the third, but needed to see how it played out.

I also liked his two Vampyre novels, which are essentially hardboiled PI books.

Is Huston still writing Moon Knight? Is a second anthology scheduled?

Mark